1. ACCF is committed to understanding and respecting the concerns, values, needs and goals of our community partners.
2. ACCF is committed to incorporating those concerns, values and goals into all stages of plant development from concept to construction and throughout the operational life of the plant.
3. ACCF is committed to providing in-depth, accurate information to our community partners as far in advance as possible. ACCF's communications policy is maximum disclosure with minimum delay.
4. ACCF is committed to the philosophy that all development plans can be modified.
5. ACCF is committed to providing our community partners with significant and lasting benefits.
6. ACCF is committed to protecting the health of our neighbors and of the environment
How we make these commitments a reality
We intend to meet as early as is reasonably possible with community leaders and environmental stewards in communities surrounding prospective project sites, to establish a dialogue, inform them about the technology, identify their needs and concerns, identify potential synergies for local infrastructure development, and bring the community into the decision-making process.
A concern that we commonly hear raised is the whether local community members will be able to participate in the top-level jobs that will be available once the plant is in operation. One advantage of the long lead times associated with development of projects of this magnitude is that we can work in partnership with local institutions to provide training for members of the local community to ensure that they will have the necessary skills to work with us in both the physical construction, and ongoing operations of the facility.
We intend to locally source a high percentage of the materials and labor used during the construction process, and to procure the project's feedstocks from nearby sources.